Thursday 12 January 2012

Taste and scent

I experienced a major homesick once when I'm in India only when I tasted the taste of Marmite.
I guess taste and scent is the one that bring my memories back.
I can hardly reflect about anything. My pass, my story, my life. But with taste and scent. They came back to me effortlessly.

And just now, I pass by a couple and I accidentally smell the girl's perfume. The girl smells like morning in my grandmother's house. I know it sounded weird. But right after I walk pass her, the scent is so familiar that I stopped and think for awhile. The first scene that came to me is my grandma's house's car garage.

This unleashes my second homesick. I need to cry. I need a chance to shed tears. Because of all the academic stress, I miss home. Can I just stop this course and straightaway go back to my house and hug my mom? I miss her so much. I miss her smell. I miss hugging her. I know what is the first thing I want to do when I reach Malaysia's airport and when I get to see her. I'm gonna run and hug her and cry. They will not know how much a medical student suffer during exam or even just to keep up in class. The pressure of having class test, PBL, SDL. I mean, what was all that? DH 4 times per week. I'm not use to that huge amount of work. I'm not trained for this!

I can stay away from my family for a very long time without even thinking of them if I am not suffering. But I am suffering now! Like, now! It is just so sad and helpless when you know what you need to do but you can't do it. I know that all of us can do it. But the process is killing.

Okay, I finish crying. No more tears to shed. I don't want to go to class with swollen eyes tomorrow morning. Goodbye now, I have a schedule to follow.

No comments: