Thursday 8 March 2012

Library

My definition of library alters according to my age.

When I'm young, around 6-8 years old, I thought that library is a mysterious place full of books and it would be cool if we study there.

During 10 years old, I asked my dad to bring me to the nearest library at the place we live. They have rule and regulations, we can't wear flip flops, we need to apply for a membership card. They need my birth certificate and a photo of mine. Every time in order for me to enter the library, I need to wear covered shoes.
I'm like "What?" So troublesome? I'm lazy since young. I hate filling up forms and protocols. I hate it to the max. After I knew the "truth" of the library near my place, I never ask to go there ever again.

High school time, library is just a place full of encyclopedia, novels, and reference book. We will only go there to kill time or to escape from boring classes.

In college, library is the place us to chit chat in the discussion room. The place we listen to music. The place we read newspaper? The place we go online and search about our Biology report.

In hostel during college time, library is the place for me to play online games. Don't forget about Facebook too!

Now, in MMMC, library is a place that professional medical student goes.
As for me, I'm not a professional medical student. So I don't go to the library.
The thing that I fear most is to go to the library and met our batch mate.
They must be thinking that I'm going there to study. Am not! I'm going there to Xerox la...
Xerox is photocopy.
I went to library today. The workers don't know what is fourteen. They know one four (14). OK. Culture.
It's just another example of Signal (India) and Traffic light (M'sia) =D
Just need to adapt.

Back to topic. I went to library, and I walk so fast. I don't want to meet anyone from our batch. Anyone from the 200 people. It's holiday OK. It's kinda stressful to see someone from our batch studying... Of course it's not wrong to go there and study. I didn't say it was wrong at all. Indeed, it was amazing for those people that went to library. MMMC's library is amazing!

So I walked very very fast, afraid of meeting any people that I know. Since when going to the library is a crime? Afraid of what people think of me? Hehe. I should really care LESS about that.

End of this post. 

No comments: